Saturday, January 23

Random thoughts...

I am a frequent visitor to Quora, personal blogs, technical blogs of individuals etc. Quora being my favorite place of reading, I like the thoughts that people share there. I have never contributed to any questions, but I love reading. Following various topics, my favorite are about higher education, IIM, IIT etc because I, for one am looking forward to get my M.Tech or MBA this year. I want to pursue my higher education dream. So coming back to quora, I read this question about getting a 99+ percentile score in CAT but still not being accepted in any of the IIM colleges. Well, to think of it, that hurts bad. Being a average person, I am quite sure if I had to answer CAT, I would have required at least 2 years worth of preparation, which means complete dedication, lots of motivation, no distractions etc. etc. I have no analogy, however you get what I feel. But the person who answered this question was very motivated despite not being accepted in one of the college.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-score-99-5+-percentile-on-the-CAT-and-not-get-selected-for-IIM-A

So what is it that keeps such individuals so motivated?
You can get a lot of answers to this question online, some may say it is the dedication, the passion or the hunger for success. By all means, it is true. However, what I feel is that the answer to this motivation lies within us. If I want to, I will, I have to. The attitude that we bring to the table. I am quite over to that comfort zone I have been living for so many years. I don't want to be travelling in that happy path anymore. It sucks. It is boring, stupid and ridiculously outdated. Not to the world, I want to be able to prove to myself that I can too.

At work, I find it best not to spend time on tea breaks and random talks. I have my black coffee and soon will start with the green tea. I don't need a group accompanying me for my breaks. I feel and strongly believe that if I am not contributing anything to the conversation and If I am not learning anything from it, then I don't belong.

I had plans of buying a Kindle, I fell in love with it the day I saw it. My British library membership is not serving me well, I mean, I don't have access to a lot of books, they just have books from British writers. Also it is pretty far from where I live, so if I have to go and get books, I spend at least 4 hrs of my time. It happens on a weekend, so that is, I feel not a good utilization of time. I rather sleep and relax than travel. So I will not be renewing my membership with them. The kindle I plan to buy is usually cost 5999 INR, however there is an offer for 5000 INR. I can buy it today, but considering the unusual costs that occurred this month, I will have to postpone my investment. I do have a book with me, The Da-Vinci code and it will keep me busy for at least a month, so kindle can wait. If they can give a discount today, they will for sure give away an offer sometime in future, may be even for a lot less. Apart from that, I need to prepare for my M.Tech entrance exam which is probably in the month of May and I to be frank, I have loads of material to prepare. I am far far behind. Wish me luck.

Be the first one to Comment!!!

Post a Comment