Wednesday, January 20

20/01/2016 - Pull Day Log

Warm up exercises, followed by 1 set of 30 reps of push ups. I then did 1 rep Pull up without support.  It is really difficult at present for me to do pull ups. So I did pull ups on a pull up machine

Back Excercises
1) Pull up machine
3 Sets of 5 reps. Used weight of 70 pounds and for last rep reduced to 60 pounds.

2) Row machine
3 sets of 8 reps. Started with 60 pounds and reached up to 80 pounds.



3) Seated cable row
4 sets of 10 reps. Started with 80 pounds and increased 20 pounds for each set. For the first 2 sets, I was not seating on the floor, I was standing with my knees bent as if in a seated position. We do not have bench at the gym, so we need to sit on the floor and perform this exercise.


4) Straight arm Dumbbell pull over
3 sets of 10 reps. Started with 25 pounds dumbbell and for the last two sets performed with 30 pounds dumbbell. 



Biceps Exercises
1) EZ-Bar biceps curls
4 Sets  of 10 reps each. I started with just the bar, the progressively increased weight from 5 pounds and reached till 15 pounds. I love to perform this exercise however I am not confident if I can lift heavy.



2) Preacher Curl
3 Sets of 10 reps. Started with 30 pounds and performed the last two sets with 40 pounds. Even though preacher curl is highly recommended, I am yet to feel comfortable performing this exercise. The main reason being that comfort of the arms when doing this exercise. I find it difficult to lift and perform with complete range of motion. Sometimes it feels as if the machine is not proper and other times it feels that I still need to figure out the adjustment on the seat.

 





3) Alternate Biceps Curl
2 sets of 10 reps with a 15 pound dumbbell. By the time I reached this exercise I was already tired so settled with just 2 sets. Now to think of it, I feel embarrassed and ashamed, I could definitely do better.



Ab crunches
I ended my workout with 2 sets of 20 reps of ab crunches on a ab machine. Not sure if it would, but I feel that doing at least 1 set of abs at the end of the workout would be beneficial, but it gives mental peace.

I have leg day tomorrow and I plan to do squats and dead lift tomorrow. So stay tuned.

Be the first one to Comment!!!

Post a Comment