Tuesday, January 19

19/01/2015 - Push Workout Log

I was pretty early today, got up at 5.00 sharp. Watched christian guzman's push workout video so that I could start my day with Push. I had planned to write down complete PPL workout plan for myself, but...

Anyways, I plan to maintain a daily workout log so that I can track my progress and sub consciously I know if I bail out on a day, i would have nothing but guilt to mention here.

What is PPL?
PPL or Push, Pull and Leg workout is a program in which you perform push on day 1, pull on day 2 and leg on day 3 and continue the same cycle of PPL for the next 3 days followed by a rest day.

Push workout is usually a workout plan which involves push motions, similarly Pull workouts involve Pull motions. We then have Leg day (self explanatory)

It's past 9.30PM and I am nowhere close to a plan. I will log down today's workout session and may be watch another youtube video about a pull workout for tomorrow.

Today's Push workout
Started with warm up exercises, did 30 push ups to start with.

Chest workout
1) Incline Dumbbell bench press
3 sets of 10 reps each. Started with 25 pounds dumb bells and went up to 35 pounds.



2) Bench Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps. Started with 25 pounds and reached to 35 pounds. Had to take support for 35 pounds.



3) Cable crossover flys
4 sets of 10 - 12 reps. Started with 20 pounds slabs on each side and reached up to 50 pounds.



Shoulders workout
1) Dumbbell Military press
3 sets of 10-15 reps. Started with 25 pounds dumb bell and then ended with 30 pounds continuous for remaining two sets. I tried the last set for 35 pounds but it just fell back on me. Gravity is a bi***.



2) Dumbbell Front raises
3 sets of 10 reps. Started with 10 pound dumb bells and did last two sets with 15 pounds. I find it very difficult to do raises with heavier weight.



Triceps workout
1) Smith machine close grip triceps workout
3 sets of 10 reps each. Started with 25 pounds and reached till 35 pounds.



2) Cable V-Bar triceps pushdown.
4 sets of 10 reps, started with 50 pounds and reached 80 pounds.



Be the first one to Comment!!!

Post a Comment