Monday, July 6

Learning #0009 - Web development

Ctrl + Shift + T - Shortcut in Google chrome to open the Recently closed tab
I will have to remember such shortcuts, considering how stupid my habits are. Shucks..!!

MS SQL Server Authentication
In a application with loads of java, dojo and what not code, we were using MS SQL Server for our database. We were using weblogic as the server for deployment. I normally start the weblogic server and when I see the "RUNNING" text in my command prompt, I am happy to go browse the application. However this time it did not happen so. Puzzled and nervous that I am always, I panicked and did not know what to do. Restart of server did not help. I then checked the weblogic console and looked for deployment tabs and all the Data sources were showing failed. I then tried to log in to the MS SQL server and it did not allow me to login. I was surprised, since the database were on my local machine, the SQL Authentication should have succeeded. Google to rescue. I learned that the SQLEXPRESS service needs to be in running state. Navigated to services.msc and enabled the MS SQL Service. Crap load of time wasted.

Be the first one to Comment!!!

Post a Comment